This "interview" was conducted with Slava &
Tatyana & Dmitry:from Wavefall on 05-sep 2010 Thanks Slava &
Tatyana & Dmitry
We are happy to have the chance to ask you a few questions. Thanks
Slava & Tatyana & Dmitry, that you have found time to give
answers to us.
1) how are you doing? Where are you currently?
Slava: All is excellent! We hope at you too! Now we in our home-studio - create!)
2)Could you briefly summarize Wavefall and what you guys are about?
Slava: The project about all! Both about love! And about children's
horror stories! And about freedom! About all! Even about the favourite
car!))) the main thing is a POSITIVE!
3) How's the start of 2010 been for you thus far?
Slava: All is fine! Have let out ??-"EP-Tronics" in the spring. Now we prepare for release a new album.
4) Other incoming projects?
Slava & Tatyana: We have a project "SKAZKA". In this music we have
enclosed all the most light that is in us. The world is beautiful ! And
music about it. It is very kind and personal music. We use there nature
sounds which we write down on the special equipment when we go on
expedition. The best means for us to relax after vain day!) Never wanted
to release a "Skazka" - as wrote it only for itself, friends and
members of a family.
However all the same has collected the best tracks and has published on the Australian label Tempest Record/CUT Music.
Dmitry : And as about me I got a solo project too ,it calls «Distant
Visions».Music concept of my project is electro-techno music with some
trance sounds, as about influence - it's everything hepends around me in
this world and my thelemitic visions.
At this time I work at my first EP. I hope that I found good label for this release.
Since 2002 I start my Dj career. It's starts in small clubs in Moscow,
where I spins Cds of dark electro/ebm/synth/future-pop tracks. But now I
tired of this music and now I mixin' techno/electro-techno vinyl with
my tools like Korg electribe and microKorg.
5) If people don't know what you and your music are about where have they been!?,how would you describe yourself?
Slava: Probably it is simple hard dance music or not so hard) If to
choose concerts - that it is the present electronic rock'n'roll
Tatyana: Simply come on a concert and disconnect a brain! It not to be necessary for you)))))
6) the sound from this number "childish story" a hear the Front 242 sound is that true?
Slava: No!)) the basic influence on me is rendered by such groups as
Eskimos & Egypt, The Shamen, The KLF, A Split Second, Fluke and so
Tatyana: And in general, it is a song on motives of children's Russian horror stories ))
7) If you could play a show anywhere in the world where would it be?
Slava: Any place where there is an electricity!)))) Especially
interesting there where we weren't! We weren't in the Netherlands!!!))
We wanted to act for a long time in Transbaikalia cities - it is very far (6000 km)
And in the autumn we go to tour in those edges. There one of the most beautiful places on the earth.
8) What day jobs did you guys have while you were putting the band together?
Slava: I have own workshop where I develop and make the equipment for forwarding cars.
Tat'yana operates firm making lady's wear. This spring at me with
Tat'yana the daughter was born. And now Tatyana sits with the child and
can't temporarily go with us on concerts. The girl named Diana.
Dmitry : I work as senior specialist of Electronic Digital Signature
(EDS) eproximate about 3 years at « Economics Development Center »
9) What do you do when you're not partaking in band activities?
Slava: Time at us shares on two parts - work and music - anything more
Tatyana: Periodically we go on expedition by the specially prepared forwarding jeep
10) Back to your roots, how did you first come to music?
Slava: Since 1984 I have won back on a classical scene on a trumpet of
10 years. And in the late nineties I have actively started to write the
Approximately at the same time I have got acquainted with Tatyana and we
began to practise music together. Later we have got acquainted with
Dmitry at one festival and it has well joined collective. Also sometimes
we invite sessional musicians.
Dmitry : As I remember my fist steps in music was at 1999,me and my
friend doesn't have any computer and we create music at first version of
Sony Plastation J somewhere at home of my parents kept this
audio-cassets, this is real rare tapes! Ahahah J
11) What are your top ten favorite Techno / Electro / Punk Club Songs of all time?
Slava & Tatyana: It is difficult! We do much together and this
question we will answer too together. We will write that the first has
We well simply write our most favourite techno tracks.
1. The KLF - America: What Time is Love
2. The Shamen - Hyperreal
3. Eskimos & Egypt - Fall from Grace
4. Apollo 440-Astral America
5. The KLF - 3 a m eternal
6. Kosheen - Catch
7. Juno Reactor - Navras
8. Prodigy - Firestarter + The Zimmers - firestarter ))
9. Olive - You're Not Alone
10. Wavefall - F.U.C.K. )))
Dmitry : Yeah.it's realy difficult J I'll write a few tracks that I spin and spin on my iPod
1.The Hacker - The Brutalist
2.Ascii.Disco - Black Metal
3.Millimetric - Clipperation
4.Sven Vath - Ghost (John Starlight Remix)
5.Gesaffelstein - Perfect Pertner
6.Fred Ventura - It's My Time
7.Tesla Boy - Fire
12) Do you keep up with how the record has been selling? Is that really = important to you?
Slava: Certainly, important! There is no money - there is no qualitative music!
13) Who is your favorite band at the moment?
Slava: The KLF - Forever!!!)
Tatyana: Conjure One
Dmitry : No more favorite bands J Techno never dies! And VINYL KILLS MP3!!!
14) What band or bands would you like to tour with and why?
Slava: With The Prodigy! Because their concerts very big!!!)))))))))
15) Is touring a pleasure or a necessary evil?
Dmitry : For me touring like vacation, because I hate my job and city where
I live J Ahaha!
Tatyana & Slava We like to travel
16) What would you be doing right now if you weren't in Wavefall?
Slava: I am the Wavefall !) As judge Dred "I am the Law!" )))
Dmitry : I don't know what I'm doing without Slava, and who I'm will be, may
be I will be an alcoholic (LOL) J
17) And that's how you came up with the name of the band? How did you come up with the name Wavefall?
Slava: All goes from a word "waterfall", only in our case instead of water -waves.Such waterfall from sound waves )
18) How did you come up with the title "tronics" (Wavefall latest EP)?
Slava: It is something electronic.On a cover I have drawn something like
a matrix from microcircuits and various components.Elec-tronics -
19) How do you feel to hold the finished cd in your hands??
Slava: It is the most pleasant question!) is a part of us! It is difficult to explain it - it is necessary to test it! ))
20) What are you currently listening to on your mp3 player? What artists have you been listening to these days?
Slava: I have not mp3 player. Basically I listen to music in the car.
Strangely enough, I listen to a lot of classics - all sopranos, old
techno & and creativity of such groups as Banco De Gaia, Ultrabass,
Enigma...At me so mad life that it is necessary for me to listen to
Tatyana: And I should listen to that music which is listened by Slava. ))
Dmitry : It's techno, electro techno, sometimes when I read book I listening
Lisa Gerrard or some lounge and chill-out trance tracks like Carbon Based
21) Do you spend a lot of time on remixing other artists tracks or is it something you do when you have some time over?
Slava: It is an eternal problem! Time never suffices! Therefore we do remixes very seldom.Who has thought up 24 hour per day? ))
22) What are your views on the current state of this Techno / Electro
/ Punk scene in Moscow Russische Federatie.in terms of creativity and
Slava: It we! )) Actually, I don't know more bands in Russia which would play in such style
23) How did you sell your CD's/Audio Files? (Consignment? Live sales? Myspace, iTunes,Distributor?)
Slava: Live sales, Distributors, Label's shop. But we intend to reconsider a policy of sales.
24) Do you see the Internet as a benefit for bands like Wavefall?
Does the growing possibility of someone downloading your material,
rather than buying it, worry you?
Slava: Question is not simply! It is possible to write the whole scientific work ) Any work should be paid!
25) What are the best ways to develop it in your mind ?
Slava: I consider that the best development are concerts
26) What about all the big festivals? Summer Darkness in the
netherlands? Mera Luna in Germany Familientreffen in Germany and Wave
Gothic Treffen in Germany and many more?
Slava: Festivals are cool! truth, we while can't find contact to
organizers of foreign festivals in any way ( Help us somebody ! We are
in hell... ops! ...in Russia! )
27) what is the key to making music from Wavefall and what inspires you to keep growing as a musician?
Slava: If the person doesn't aspire to development - he has already
died.Key to making music from Wavefall - It as the recipe of sauce by TJ
from a film "Planet Terror" )))))))
28) Please let us know about your upcoming plans, some new releases you like to confirm here
Slava: In the beginning of 2011 release of a new album is planned. It is
the most mad album from Wavefall.And certainly there are more than
29) Do you think the music industry is dead?
Slava: No! I don't think so! If the musical industry dies - that only
together with our civilization. At least in that kind which we know.
30) Where would you like to see Wavefall three years from now?
Slava: On delivery of awards of a Grammy!))))))))))))
31) What's the band's favorite song to play live?
Slava: "F.U.C.K." )))
Tatyana: of course!) crush! boom! bang!)
Dmitry : YAEH!I like to crash my keys!!!
32) By the way do you like my questions? tell me what you think about it! ;-)?
Here there are the most interesting questions which to us set ever and it was very interesting to answer them
33) Any final thoughts for the people out there?
Slava & Tatyana & Dmitry:
Friends! Life is fine! The world is so beautiful! Let's rejoice lives!
Rock-n-Roll with Wavefall !!!